Friday, May 18, 2012

R.I.P Donna Summer & A tribute to all working mothers....

Frankly I did not know who Donna Summer was until her news of her death. I've heard of her songs but didn't know who the singer was until i decided to check-out Donna Summer's songs. Her hit song; 'She works hard for the money' is my favorite.


I did some reading about this song. Let me share it with you:- "As visualized in the music video; the song told the story of a single mother working three jobs as a janitor, waitress and a seamstress. The protagonist goes to work at the crack of dawn, is sexually harassed by a customer and between shopping, cooking and cleaning for her unruly children, she reminisces about a lost dream of being a dancer.
Clearly frustrated, but not defeated, it’s easy to understand how women easily embraced the narrative and found joy in singing the lyrics. "She Works Hard for the Money" reflected the real-life struggle of single mothers and working women everywhere."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/17/donna-summer-was-trailblazer-from-disco-queen-to-karaoke-mainstay/#ixzz1vFQkM3F2


I want to dedicate the song above to all working mothers especially my mother who started working as a clerk at the age of 18 for 36years with the same company and both my sisters, one who is a single mother herself.