Thursday, July 19, 2012

My reflection on Matthew 11:28-30 ( Thursday of the 15th Week in OT)

Jesus says; “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.” (Holy Scripture - Matthew 11:28-30)


With all the troubles, difficulties, sicknesses, limitations that we go through in life, it is indeed difficult for us to understand God, the very God who created us, whom we have heard many times that He cares and loves us.  

Through the Gospel text, we hear an invitation of Jesus, He is calling us to Him. Calling us not to just relieve us of our problems, our sicknesses but actually encouraging us to carry those baggage; 'to take upon His yoke and to learn from him.’ If we look closely, the Teacher is actually teaching us means or ways to carry our load. We need to go to Jesus to be able to carry the load.

By going to Jesus, we find rest, we find comfort, we find healing, we find peace. For Jesus is gentle and humble of heart.  We need to entrust all our human conditions, our problems, weaknesses and sicknesses  to Jesus.