Sunday, June 17, 2012

...a happy reunion after 17years with my foster family of the WYD '95 @ Quezon City, Manila.


This afternoon I had a happy reunion after 17years with my foster family of the 10th World Youth Day 1995 at Manila. At the beginning I was feeling a little apprehensive of this visit because I was assuming that the family might have shifted or have even forgotten me. But when Papa Jaime heard my name, he immediately asked me to come into the dinning where all the family were gathered for the Father’s Day lunch. He gave me a big hug and said to the rest of the family (including the children that I have not met during my stay there before); “my son is back”. I really felt so touched. It reminded me of the story of the ‘Prodigal Son’ in the scriptures. During the meal, we tried to catch up the lost 17years. At the end of the meal, Papa Jaime said a prayer for me.

Thank you God for making it possible for me to meet them again. I pray that you may bless each and everyone it the family and to give good health in mind and body to Papa Jaime and Mama Paz. Lord, bless my family too especially my parents back home in Malaysia.