Friday, May 04, 2012

Careful what you throw...

I am the type that when something is of no use or need to be replaced I will throw that thing. But my father is one person who tries if possible not to throw things.  He even at time gather things which many will consider rubbish and useless and see if they can be used again, recycle or try to be innovative by seeing how he can modify those things. Many times I will tell him off to throw all those rubbish.

A couple of days ago, my wallet had a tear and I changed it with a new wallet. I transferred all my cash, coins and cards into the new wallet and I threw the old wallet into the dustbin. This afternoon, I noticed that my identity and bank cards were all missing and realized that during the transfers to the new wallet, I have forgotten all about these cards. I immediately when to the dustbin to look for the old wallet and found that the bin has been emptied. I started praying.... I then asked my dad when did he clean the dustbin? He answered by asking what I was looking for? I answered my wallet!! He said he cleared the bin two days ago but kept the wallet in his room. He ask why I was looking for it since I have thrown it? I answered that my identity and bank cards are all still in it. He then told me that he is keeping the wallet in his room but he has not checked the content. I said another prayer with the hope that all my cards are still in it. When my father gave me the wallet, I opened it and I praised the Lord. My cards were still in it. My father then just said; "You are careless, next time check first before you throw.


Hahaha.. I think after this I'm not gonna say anything about this habit of my father and I know he is gonna brag about this incident even if I continue to tell him to stop those habit of collecting and keeping 'rubbish'...