Thursday, July 01, 2010

Nostalgic Perak & Penang holiday...

I took a trip down memory lane recently (June 24-29, 2010) and I literally mean that. It was a nostalgic trip for me to Perak and Penang. The 2 states in Malaysia where I stayed during the year 2001-2004 (Parit Buntar, Perak was in 2004). I had a great opportunity to meet some people whom I befriended while staying there. I am really so blessed with many nice good friends, some of them whom I have worked with while doing my pastoral as a seminarian in those states.

Parish House @ Parit Buntar


This was my room

When I first arrived at a home in Parit Buntar, I was surprised with a cultural welcoming and confetti. I really enjoyed my 2 1/2 days there meeting all of them now all older and grown up in age and sizes, and catching up with each others lives.







The rest of another 2 1/2 days I was in Penang. This time it was more of relaxation. Did meet a few friends and one of them was a lost friend but thanks to facebook managed to contact and meet him. Thanks to my good friend S. Dominic - a catholic priest, I had a pleasant stay in Penang with lots of makan-makan.


Unfortunatley I could not visit the place that I actually stayed when I was living in Penang, i.e. College General. I was told by a Priest from the seminary that my presence there would affect the seminarians. It is indeed hurting and sad to hear it say by a priest whom I had associated with before; Catholic priest who should actually have compassion and understanding especially of people like me, an ex-seminarian. I think he was afraid that the seminarians will start to question injustices being done in the seminaries, just like how I have questioned an unjust system or practice of a seminary that lead to my dismissal.

Anyway..put it aside.... I do have fond memories of my seminary life which I will cherish.
Cheersssss