Saturday, September 06, 2008

A blog a day takes the pain away!

Whenever I have extra time when I'm online, i try to read blogs of my friends or just randomly pick from the Google search results. I must say, I'm very impressed with some blogs especially those of my friends and relatives' blogs. There are some with inspirational and personal sharing. Some express it with poems, pictures, videos or just plain writing. Keep it up guys! Saya salute sama lu!! Its your way of encouraging others.

But I've been disappointed with some too; certain blogs need to be rated 18sx, M, PG, etc. Hmmmmm. As Mrs Doyle (from the comedy series 'Father Ted') will say; "Oh dreadful language...Fierce stuff! And of course the 'F' word father, the Baaaaddddd 'F'' word! lol. Haha. Wonder whether my blog need to be rated too! Hehehe.

Anyway, we all have our reasons for blogging. Its always nice to hear some of the stories on how people started to blog. As for me, I started, so i could publish all my reflections, homilies and especially my introductions to Lauds and Vespers which i gave in the seminary.

But now i want to share with all of you this article below. This post is specially dedicated to all of you bloggers!

Just 2 days ago I read an interesting article from The Sydney Morning Herald (Essential, pg14, words Sacha Molitorisz ) about 'writing therapy' and here are some excerpts for you:-

The blog is an opportunity to relieve tension and have some sort of completion. I suppose there's an element of taking control. (Hmmm so ppl; a clean way to release tension now!! Hehehe)

Studies show the benefits of expressive, or therapeutic, writing. Apart from helping to deal with stress and pain, the act of writing down experiences and emotions has been revealed to improve memory, aid sleep and boost the immune system.
(Shiok can ZZZZzzzzzzzzz and start dreaming on what to blog next! Hehehe).

Ongoing studies suggest that writing serves the function of organising complex emotional experiences. (Hahaha better than CPE. But I'm sure the CPE supervisors wont agree....cos they say they have the BEST programe and the BEST CPE supervisors in the world! lol)

Expressive writing and therapeutic blogging may be related to the brain's limbic system, which is in the mid-brain and controls our drives (hunger, sex, etc).
(Oh..i wrote something about this before. Click here for a read).

One argument has it that compulsive blogging is analogous to hypergraphia, in which sufferers display an uncontrollable urge to write. (Haha jaga-jaga, jangan sampai jadi 'KUKU')


However, support for therapeutic writing is not unanimous - Keeping a diary is bad for your health! (New Scientist 2004) - Regular diarist were more likely than non-diarist to suffer from headaches, sleeplessness, digestive problems and social awkwardness. (In my opinion, the diarist suffer this because they are worried that others may read their diary which is full of 'secrets' but its not the case of the blogger, this is because the blogger is aware that his blog is accessible to the public through the Internet and in fact its FOR others to read!).