Sunday, September 14, 2014

Prayer to the Black Nazarene

Click here for more info on the Black Nazarene.
Click here for more info on the Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene.


In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

ACT OF CONTRITION
Lord Jesus Christ, true God and true man, I am heartily sorry for having sinned against You and my neighbor. You are my Lord and my God whom I love above all things. Help me not to sin again, and lead me to a new life of grace. I trust in Your loving forgiveness. 

READING (John 19:16-18)
Pilate handed Jesus over to be crucified. Jesus, carrying the cross himself, went out to a place called the place of a skull, which is called in Hebrew Golgotta. There they crucified him, and with him two others one on either side, Jesus in the middle. 

SILENT REFLECTION

LITANY
Response: Have mercy and save me.


Lord Jesus, Your blood washed away my sins and the sins of the world. (R)

Lord Jesus, Your blood formed like sweat and fell to the ground at Gethsemane. (R)

Lord Jesus, Your blood flowed out while you were scourged at the pillar. (R)

Lord Jesus, Your blood covered Your face at the crowning of thorns. (R)

Lord Jesus, Your blood was shed at Your crucifixion. (R)

Lord Jesus, Your blood is a river of mercy and forgiveness. (R)

(Here mention your petitions)

Our Father...Hail Mary...Glory be... .

May almighty God bless us all, the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.




(Click here to read about my experience at the Fiesta of the Black Nazarene.)