Sunday, November 14, 2010

2010 Pilgrimage to the Holy Land (Egypt, Israel, Palestinian Authority & Jordan)

The weekend is here!! I'm having a light and easy weekend after a very long time, so I've decided to write a short-post on my blog and share some photos of my pilgrimage. Hmmm just realized it has been so long I made a post on my blog. Better start blogging again.

Anyway....

Together with my mother and 43 other people, I made a pilgrimage to the Holy Places at Egypt, Israel, Palestine and Jordan from October 01-11, 2010. We also had some sight-seeing such the Great Pyramid and a cruise on the River Nile. The experiences I had experienced is indescribable and unexplainable. It was just AWEsome.



It was indeed a spirit-filled experience. I thank God for giving me this opportunity to make this pilgrimage at the end of my 32 years of life here on earth 'in the footsteps of Jesus and the prophet Moses'. All the places I visited was indeed memorable but one particular place that I want to mentioned; that made an impact in me was the place of the Birth of Jesus, Our Lord and Saviour. The place where God gave a special gift to all of us i.e. His Son Jesus. God becoming human to save mankind. "For God so loved the world He gave us His only Son..." (John 3:16).
I had the privilage to venerate the place of Jesus' birth, His crucifixion, the place where His body was anointed, His tomb and the place He ascended to heaven.





To summarize my pilgrimage experience:-
A journey from the Old Testament (Exodus story - Israelites' journey from Egypt to the promised land) - to the New Testament. A Promised Foretold (OT) to the Promised Fulfilled (NT). And my challenge now as I begin my 33 years of life which God has given me is, to Live the Promise (Resurrection - New Life, Pentecost & Acts - Apostolic life).








For more photos, please click on the links below:-
Album 1
Album 2
Album 3