Thursday, November 20, 2008

Introduction to Lauds (Saturday - Wk 2 & 4).

'When I see the heavens, the work of your hands, the moon and the stars which you have arranged, what is man that you should keep him in mind, mortal man that you care for him?' (Ps. 8:4-5)

Many times in life we have been advised by many to take a break and enjoy moments in particular to enjoy what God has created for us. We are called to
consider the works of God's hand.

We have taken His works for granted and fail to see the beauty. The beauty of ourselves, others, the beauty of nature and the world of cosmos.


I am amazed always, especially is it is a clear night, that whenever I look up at the sky and see the moon and the stars, I wonder how superb the '
un-moved mower' is; to place all of them in its place.

I think I can understand Abraham Lincoln of what he said to his friend one night when looking up the sky, "I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down the earth and be an atheist but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God."

So friends, 'In the stars is God's creative ability shown.
In the moon that brightens the night sky is His deliverance assured.

In thunder and lightning is His power displayed.

And in the silence of the night is His peace felt.
' (source unknown)

Come let us praise God, our creator and the creator of all things!