Friday, September 19, 2008

Introduction to Lauds: Week IV, Friday.


O see in guilt I was born, a sinner was I conceived (Ps.51 [51]:7).
I am sure many will agree that life is full of fun, it is so unique, important, and at the same time it is fragile too; and yes, through sin, we have fallen short (Rom.3:23 - all have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God).
But God who is full of love and mercy, has raised us up again and given us the dignity through His Son, Jesus (Rom.3:24 - they are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus). Click here for the full scripture text.

So we pray, that with conviction, we may echo with St. Paul; "My real life is the faith I have in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Gal.2:19-20 - Scripture Reading for Lauds).

"Father, how wonderful Your care for us! How boundless Your merciful love. To ransom a slave you gave away Your Son. O happy fault, O necessary sin of Adam, which gained for us so great a Redeemer". (Exsultet - Easter Proclamation) Click here for the scripture text on humanity's sin through Adam and grace and life through Christ.

"God so love the world that He gave us His Beloved Son" (Jn.3:16). As a people celebrating His love, we pray...
Here is a video clip on the Exsultet