Monday, September 29, 2008

1month parish exposure @ St. Michael, Nowra.

Today is the feast of St. Michael the Archangel and it's fitting to blog about this present parish I am staying since Friday (26/09/08) night. I'll be staying in this parish until my return to Malaysia on Oct 27. This Parish of St. Michael was ectablished in 1863. Click here for more info about the Church and the other churches under its care. The pictures below are only on St. Michael. So what i have been doing the last few days here....Hmmm let me see....makan, makan, makan (meaning:- food or eat in the National language of Malaysia).

The night that I came to the Parish, I had a big dinner at the Bishop's house together with the priests of the diocese to celebrate the Sacerdotal Jubilee of about 5 priests. The next day after the sunset mass, we had a 'formal' Parish Feastday Dinner at a club. And on Sunday, together with the Parish Priest, Fr. Patrick Faherty who is also the Vicar General (VG), I went for a Spring Garden Luncheon Party. Now I'm looking forward to a 80th Birthday party of a parishioner on Tuesday! hehehe. Hope my family can recognise me when I am back!

Enjoy the photos:-

Church of St. Michael, Nowra



Sanctuary of the Church of St. Michael



Altar



Stations of the Cross


Close-up of the 12th Station.



Baptismal Font





St. Michael the Archangel.


An Aboriginal painting of the cross on the confessional room door.



Presbytery (Parish House)


My room is the top 1st window from the left.