Saturday, January 12, 2008

CPE here i come!

Hi...I am back. I know this post is long due!!! Been very busy with so much happenings!!
I am back in Singapore but currently doing a course in Mount Alvernia Hospital for 3mths. The course is 'Clinical Pastoral Education'. If you want to know about it just click here.

If you have been following some of my personal reflections that I have posted last year, this is the result of it. This is the result for being open, for speaking the truth, for seeking justice, for telling the superior his/her mistakes. The decision has been made without even listening to my part of the story. So CPE here i come!! Even though I am open to this course, I believe this is not God's plan for me. But I need not be afraid. God has assured me that He is by my side guiding and guarding me as I go through this course. As the psalmist in psalm 23:4 says; "Even when I walk through a dark valley, I fear no harm for you are at my side; your rod and staff give me courage."

The Book of Isaiah has the same sentiments too. "But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, and formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name: you are mine.When you pass through the water, I will be with you; in the rivers you shall not drown. When you walk through fire, you shall not be burned; the flames shall not consume you.For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your savior...". (Is.43:1-3).

Truly the Word of God is strength. I end this post with a famous song by Don Moen. Will update on my experiences in CPE.