Wednesday, August 01, 2007

be a TRANSFORMER


Tiring afternoon, went round looking for Mr.Optimus Prime (Transformers) at the places i didn't go these past off-days i had. Today i covered Vivo City and back again to Orchard Road to make another search after the last visit last week. Mr. Optimus Prime - the cartoon version is all sold out. So now i declare...Optimus Prime is not in Singapore...i mean the cartoon version ah!! (If he is back pls let me know!! hehehe) Hey...if you call me Transformers freak, wait till i tell you about the woman at the queue in front of me when i just settled with Optimus Prime - the movie version!!

This lady in her early 60's bought 18 Transformers toys that came to total of $468/-. Hope the toys was not for herself!!! hehehe.
Her selection of toys was the bigger size of the movie version compared to my small Optimus Prime!!!. I have notice many people my age buying this toy, i guess it brings back memories!!! Its a good collection. When i go back home for the holidays in december, I know my nephews are going to crowd around me "Here come Santa Claus...here come Santa Claus...." Hey, this is MY collection!!

While looking for the toy, i receive a call from a friend. He was surprised that i was alone 'shopping'. When asked why alone...I answered; "I don't know!! I am just alone lah, I guess I chose it." And very true , I chose it! And there are no regrets. And i better get used to it!! hehehe. Somehow I was happy with my answer to him. In fact, when reflecting it, I felt so 'myself', relax, easy, and joyful, just go wherever i wanted. This feeling confirmed a decision i made recently; that is to be a brother to those close to me and they need not be a brother to me. (If you don't understand, its ok...those who have ears listen!!! hahaha - nah this is for me a reminder and I am sure those involve understand too!!!, Wah come to think about this, i have many younger brothers!!! hehehe. Lucky me!!).

Throughout this day, and especially during the 'hunting' for Transformers, i had another reflection. Like the Transformers, have i been transformed too (transformed for the better of course)???
Today's 1st reading gave a clue for the reflection. The reading from Exodus states that "Moses face was radiant after speaking with the Lord". I too had an encounter with the Lord through my 30days's retreat (post dated July 25, 2007 - Chiang Mai Retreat Experience), so the question I have been asking is that "am I radiant - transformed??" "Am I changed for the better??"

Every encounter we have with the Lord, is a moment of transformation. So have we all changed?? Did a conversion took place within?? The many miracles we seen, has it changed us??
I guess the greatest miracle is not moving a mountain or a multiplication but a conversion of heart. hahahaha. It is not impossible, we have seen many repentant people, now it is just our turn. So let us all be TRANSFORMERS.