Thursday, May 24, 2007

Introduction to Lauds (Easter Week 7: Thursday) - "Trustfulness"


Today I am the prayer leader for the community. In preparation for Pentecost, we have been reflecting on the 'Fruits of the Holy Spirit' since Friday after Ascension. My theme for today is "Trustfulness" (Faithfulness).

 Introduction to Lauds (Easter: Week 7: Thursday) - Based on Psalm 98 (99). 

Ps.99 not only shows us a God who is holy, but a trustworthy God; for he loves what is right and have established equity, justice and right. That is why Aaron, Moses and Samuel were able to invoke his name in confidence, for he answers.


Today we are called to reflect and pray for the fruits of trustfulness. For those who have been following my blog, you will notice that from the beginning this theme of trust has been close to me.
These past 21/2 weeks have been most trying for me, I was falsely accused. I didn’t care about the accusation because it was false, but was saddened and confused the way the matter came about and especially those people behind it.
This heart-breaking news caused me to fall into a deep state of unhappiness, depression and anger. I just couldn’t trust anyone. But God would not allow me to be in this state. He kept reminding me that I must seek strength from him especially through his Word and Sacraments. 

Yes, during these time, I had moments of ‘fight’ with the Lord, but the Lord has always given me answers through the gospel the past weeks (the last discourses of Jesus to his disciples before the passion). He finally gave me big 'hit' on my head last Friday when he assured me through the day's readings; "Be not afraid...I am with you. You are sad now...but your sorrow will turn to joy." Now i need not ask the Lord questions about the matter I am going through; for he has asked me to put complete trust in him.

Dear friends, we may loose trust and confidence in people, system or whatever that is temporary in the world. But never, never loose trust in God, for he is everlasting. He loves what is right.